Smoked Chicken Thighs on the Chargriller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

5oclocksomewher

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 30, 2014
Dickson City, PA (Scranton, PA)
Had no plans to smoke today, but when I went on SMF and saw WaterinHoleBrew's chicken and sirloin, man I got hungry for some smoked chicken. So here we go. It's 3pm here in PA, so dinner should be ready by 530. I got 2 chimneys of kingsford comp briquettes fired up, got my peach mini splits, and even threw an onion in the mix. Chicken has some olive oil on it, along with Jeff's rub (modified). Put on 300 degree pit and it's off to the races.

5oclock post some finished shots, I am cooking 5lbs for Sat., some with the hot sauce.

Richie

Looking pretty good Jason...making me wish it was the weekend already!!

Two days to go... 
icon_cry.gif

They look good. Wish I coudl leave early and start a quick smoke as well. Will have to wait till Sunday though.

Enjoy. Nice job!

Hey Jason, great job, looks good,  Be some happy people later

Gary S

Those wont last long !!!   I could eat one or four.

Gary S

I've seen some of the guests on the tv show BBQ Pitmasters place an onion in their pits. It does give off a nice aroma. I'm not sure how much it changes the flavor, but those thighs were really really good.

Nice Job, Jason!!!
icon14.gif

I thought I smelled something Great coming from just about Due North of here!!!
icon14.gif

Looks Mighty Tasty!!----
drool.gif
-------------
points.gif
-

Bear

Thanks Adam and Bear. I was very happy with the way they turned out. A little rub under and on top of the skin along with some olive oil really helped the skin. It wasn't crispy, but it was bite through, not rubbery at all.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky