Smoked Chicken Thighs 2 ways (Powdered Buffalo Wing and "Hot Sauce") (minor Q-view)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tr00ter

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 29, 2014
MN
So it hit 55 degrees yesterday in MN which is about a 100 degree shift from only a few weeks ago so I HAD to get the smoker out. 

I am testing some seasoning mixes I had purchased from the Firehouse Pantry Store. I really recommend this store, the seasoning mixes are cheap and very tasty!

The mixes I used were there "Hot Sauce" Mix, which is dehydrated Franks and some extra Cayenne Pepper.  And also their Buffalo Wing mix, which is the "Hot Sauce" Plus onion powder and garlic powder and a few other things.  Overall I'm very happy with these seasoning mixes as they are great to add to your other dishes and Popcorn!

I used Hickory in the Amazen to get a pretty heavy smokey flavor.  Had the Smoke Vault up around 250-265 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes.  Once I pulled them I found my grill would only get up to around 200 degrees so I stuck them under the broiler for 4 minutes to crisp them up some.

Very tasty, and I love this warm weather!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky