• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Chicken Stew with Dough Boys ( Dumplings )

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Love chicken soup/stew. My preference is a thick gravy.
I make dumplings, but my recipe is milk, flour,and egg. No baking soda or powder.
I made Minestrone soup with smoked meatballs. I did not like the smoke flavor which reflects most Italian meals.
I dont think you can ruin any meal with smoked meat in it.
My wife is slowly coming to appreciate smoked meat.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 3, 2015
It was really good with the smoked chicken, I thought Mona would be upset that I
smoked the chicken and added it to the stew. But I guess she was ok with it as she had
2 servings ,smaller bowls than I had. but went back for seconds.
That looks incredible!Hearty soup season is definitely here, big like for that work.

Had to laugh at this comment😆 my wife gets irritated because I always try new stuff snd want to use the smoker, I’m averaging pretty well, but m, she likes what she likes and it takes a nudge sometimes!

great job, thank you for sharing and inspiring me to try out those dough boys!

indaswamp

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
Wow...bet that was real good with the smoked chicken! I know smoked chicken really kicks up gumbo, probably the same with that stew.

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Oh yeah, that’ll work for sure. Looks delicious.
You are now a permanent fixture on the carousel. Outstanding.

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Love chicken soup/stew. My preference is a thick gravy.
I make dumplings, but my recipe is milk, flour,and egg. No baking soda or powder.
I made Minestrone soup with smoked meatballs. I did not like the smoke flavor which reflects most Italian meals.
My wife is slowly coming to appreciate smoked meat.
Thanks for the like and the comment

I will have to try the egg instead of baking powder ( Moms way was powder )
The Minestrone and meat balls sounds good.
And yes Mona is also getting ok with the smoked foods

David

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
That looks incredible!Hearty soup season is definitely here, big like for that work.

Had to laugh at this comment😆 my wife gets irritated because I always try new stuff snd want to use the smoker, I’m averaging pretty well, but m, she likes what she likes and it takes a nudge sometimes!

great job, thank you for sharing and inspiring me to try out those dough boys!
Thanks for the like and the comment

It was a great soup and dough boys for the cool weather, and yes hard sometimes to figure
out what they will like or not.
Give the dough boys a whirl 🌪

David

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Oh man talk about yummy, that is perfection!
Thanks civil for the love and the comment

It was full of flavor and hit the spot , the smoked chicken really added a step up to the whole dish

David

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Wow...bet that was real good with the smoked chicken! I know smoked chicken really kicks up gumbo, probably the same with that stew.
Thanks inda for the like and the comment

It was fantastic and the smoked chicken really added that extra burst of nice flavor.

David

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Oh yeah, that’ll work for sure. Looks delicious.
You are now a permanent fixture on the carousel. Outstanding.
Thanks Smokin for the like and the comment
It was /is ( still lots for supper tonight ) great, nice and thick and full of flavor
It is always a honor to be on the carousel

David

SWFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
WOWSERS

This looks really good. I can smell it now.

Nice

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Wow that is one delicious and hearty bowl of comfort! I feel warm and like napping after just looking at the pictures! A bowl of chicken and dumplings is sorely needed right now.

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2018
PLEASE!!!! Pass the bowl!!! Mrs. Wurtz uses half potato/half bread in a sloppy spoonful, adds them to the gravy. They dissolve slightly and thicken the sauce while keeping some of the dumpling. She also will make potato dumplings which don't make the gravy as thick as the half & half. Thank you for the step-by-step.🍻
John

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.