Smoked chicken soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingd

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Vegreville, AB, Canada
So I got excited about the deal I got on the chicken (buck a lb) and smoked a 9lb bird LMAO (for just me and the wife). For those who missed that bird here is the thread http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82330

Anyway back to the soup. I started with the bones, skin, and all the non-chewable bits. To this I added garlic, chicken bullion, onion, celery, carrot, parsley, and enough water to just cover all.

I set all of this on the stove and simmered for around 4 hours (the house smelled awesome).

I used big chunks for the stock boil so it was easy to strain

Nice clear broth to start my soup

To this I added all the cut up chicken (well not all we had a couple chick salad sammies) and I cut some fresh veg into bite size pieces. (sorry no pics of veg)

Added a ton more parsley coursely chopped and some extra onion (love the onion)

Ready to add my noodles

I didn't have a good noodle recipe so I just busted up some spag. (If anyone has a good noodle recipe I would be much obliged)
icon_smile.gif

Just in case anyone wants to try this I would suggest doing your noodle seperate and add them as you like. I did mine in the soup and they sucked up almost all the broth from the left over soup.

Soup came out awesome I made a couple of sammies to go with and we had us a real good feed.

Thanks for looking

Great looking soup, planning on making some buttermilk chicken from another post and now going to make this soup from leftovers if we have any. If not, this is another good reason to smoke another bird.

Thanks for sharing.

Eric & Lora

Looks like a great meal for a frosty day like today...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Great looking soup. My wife and I always fight over the noodles. I like to big Papardele noodles and she likes the real thin vermachelli style. Both are good. I almost always cook soup noodles in store bought broth and then add both to the soup

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky