Smoked chicken portobello.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

davidhef88

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 24, 2011
Rochester, NY
Simple and delicious. All you need is some b/s chicken breasts, portobello caps, Italian dressing, and some mozzarella cheese. I'll have some pics for you in a little while.
Ok here it goes.
Start with some caps upside down in the pan and filled with Italian dressing. Cook them on low till they are done.
Have four breasts seasoned with Montreal chicken seasoning and going in for some smoke.
When the caps are almost done I cut the stems off for a snack and turn the heat up to reduce the Italian dressing and mushroom juices.
Pulled the chicken out after an hour. IT was about 130. I finish the chicken off in the pan juices.
When the IT just 165* I turn off the heat, top the chicken with some cheese, then a cap. Cover the pan, when the cheese is melted it's ready.
Plated with some corn on the cob and some Knorr creamy chicken noodle packet things.
Up Close.

Last edited by a moderator:
That look marvelous! I'm a 'shroom lover and those Ports. look way past good... good eats for sure...
drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky