Smoked Chicken Cordon Bleu

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

darrin

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
My Smoked Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe:

You need Chicken breasts, provolone, prosciutto, and bacon.

Wrap the breasts in plastic wrap and pound with meat mallet until its about 1/4 inch thick.

Put a couple pieces of prosciutto and slice of provolone on top.

Roll em up, wrap them in bacon and toss in the smoker.

Very tasty.
biggrin.gif

Good looking cordon bleu!

That ale isn't bad at all. I am happy that bud finally figured out how to get flavor in beer. It is very similar to a sam adams. A bit lighter in flavor though.

Shout out to Darrin! I followed this last weekend and it was amazing! Had guests over and they really enjoyed it and kept commenting on the smoked flavor. The smoker was a hit!  One question on the smoking process - did you add water to the pan or just dry smoked the chicken? I dry smoked and it came out great but just wanted to know if either method works better.  Thanks.         

I tried this recipe again this past weekend but added water to the pan to experiment. In my opinion it was not as good - the bacon was much softer and not as crispy as before. The chicken was still good though. I should have removed the water for the last 40 minutes or so to crisp up the bacon - I'll do that next time. Love this recipe.

I tried this recipe again this past weekend but added water to the pan to experiment. In my opinion it was not as good - the bacon was much softer and not as crispy as before. The chicken was still good though. I should have removed the water for the last 40 minutes or so to crisp up the bacon - I'll do that next time. Love this recipe.
THis looks great KB how long did you smoke it for and at what temp was smoker at 

That  chicken really looks great.

Wish I could still find Bud Ale around here. It was $3 per 6 pack cheaper than most decent ales and I really liked the flavor. Haven't seen it in several years though.

It took about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. I had the smoker temp around 225F but the main thing is to measure the temp of the chicken itself. Once the chicken temp gets to 165F it is ready.   

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky