Smoked Cheddar, Pepperjack, Swiss, and Provolone!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vivid

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Ohio
The weather is fantastic for cold smoking lately, and I've been itching to get a fridge full of smoked goodies to get me through winter.  Today I started on that project!

I went out to GFS and bought a few 2LB blocks of cheddar, PJ, and Swiss, and a whole roll of Provolone that I will slice for sandwiches.  The total cost for all of it, 12 pounds of cheese total, was around 40 bucks, or about 3.33 per pound.  Not too shabby and a hell of a lot cheaper than deli prices.

Here we have the cheese sitting on the counter coming to room temp:

Now onto the grate and into the smoker with the AMNPS chugging right along:

After about two hours I pulled them, but wasn't quite satisfied yet so I threw it back into the smoker for about another hour, 3 total.  Once they came off I vacuum sealed them, and here's the final product.  I'll see these delicious little morsels in about two weeks!

As far as difficulty goes, I think cold smoking cheese is about the easiest thing you can do with a smoker as long as the temps outside are alright.  If you're on the fence about trying this, it's cheap and VERY easy to get into.  I think an AMNPS kit is something like 25 bucks.  Give it a shot if you haven't already!

We are expecting a cold front to come thru here next Friday & that will be the first chance for me to renew my cheese stash!

Nice job on your cheese, it has a great color!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky