Smoked canned ham W/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oneshot

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2009
West of Chicago
Just gonna smoke an easy canned ham for breakfast with eggs and then slice the rest for sammiches.

1- 5 pound Dubuque canned ham.
Wood: Maple
Whole cloves
Pineapple slices
Pineapple juice

Ham in a tin and whole cloves pushed into the top about 1 inch apart.

Pineapples added to the top.

Into the smoker at 250 degrees to start. (Once the ham warms up I will drop the setting on my Traeger to the smoke setting to allow heavier smoke to permeate the ham). About 1/2 hour.

That thin blue smoke is a risin...

Now we'll see what happens.....More pics later....
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

good luck on the ham-I have done bagged 1's never a canned-bet it will be fine.

Good luck my friend, we'll be looking forward to the final Q View.

Now that is interesting, aren't those things really rather pricey?
Hope (for an experiment) it comes out nice and tasty.

Interesting Smoke Oneshot, Looking forward to the final Qview...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

heh...was thinking...hawaian night...smoked spam and pineapples....

Drink enough kamikazes and it won't matter how it comes out!

I bet the ham was good!

Reactions: mike cannata
You should really like it, if the wood used fits your taste buds. Lotsa smoked SPAM or processed HAM smokes have been done here....... Maybe not ALL reported, but they have been done (I being one) and it was pretty good.... No regrets..... Next time Aunt Beatrice gives me one for Christmas, I'm looking up this post....
biggrin.gif

Nice Work!

I cut off a hunk to taste it and although I really screwed up it has a nice combination ham, pineapple and maplely taste to it. I put it into the fridge till I have time to put it on the slicer. I'll have plenty of some delicious ham for sammies now. I'll post the final pics after slicing and please don't ask how I screwed up.....LOL
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Uh....Wellllllll......I wanna know what or how you screwed up (KINDA)
if it is all in good taste for us all to view.... Just remember, you could have a Montana ELK hanging from garage rafters above yer head fall down on you while you are trying to skin it...... Garage rafters broke & cuts ALL OVER my buddy.

It sounds interesting. I'm actually fond of smoked spam now. lol Looking forward to your pics.

I would also like to know what was screwed up oneshot, at the very least it can help us avoid that mistake in any future smokes.
Fishawn, no to laugh cause I'm sure atthe time it wasn't funny but that was one hell of a funny story, long as you and your meat were ok then I will proceed to laugh to myself
icon_mrgreen.gif

oneshot, you got to spill the beans now on the screw up...you brought it up.
I do CB and ham with clove and I love it , glad to see someone else does it too.

I smell a whitch hunt acommin there one shot. You are gonna have to own up to the big boo boo. You have sparked the hint of curiousity of this here morning. Your in everyones sites.

Hey oneshot, ever notice that when you said don't ask how you screwed up everyone started asking?

So how did you screw up???
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky