• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Butterkase Cheese

y2kpitt

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 11, 2006
This weekend while smoking a meat loaf and a couple of fatties. I tried smoking some cheese and had great success. I used Hickory Farms Butterkase pasteurized process chesse, which is really just a cheddar and butterkase blend. I froze it solid the night before and then put it in a pan and placed it in my smoker, which was already at 225, for one hour. I timed the cheese and the fattie to get pulled out at the same time and what a snack tray this made. It made a great smokey cheese with an excellent skin which kept it firm and no goey mess at all. Try it you will love it :)

sasquatch

Fire Starter
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2006
y2K, Did you take it right from freezer to smoker? Sounds like a good idea.....instead of ending up with a good base for cheese soup...you actually came out with smoked cheese.....one of these days, im gonna get to that.
Todd

y2kpitt

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 11, 2006
Sasquatch,

Yup I took it directly from the freezer to the smoker in a small sauce pan. I was half excepting smoky cheese dip, that is what has happened with Velveta in the past. So I was delightfully surprised when I opened the smoker a half hour later to find it in such nice shape. I've got a log of goat cheese in the freezer next week I'm going to try smoking it.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks