Smoked Burgers - EmagdniM style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

emagdnim

Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Chicago
Well, I finally put my new smoker to use. Everything went pretty good until the temps started to dip into the low 40's here and then the cooking temp got hard to control. I ended up bringing out a little fan and placing it on a chair next to the firebox to stoke the fire a bit and raise the temps. The end result was a burger that is de-freaking-licious. Heres the pics:

The bugers were made with seasoned bread crumbs, famous daves steak/burger rub, egg and a dash of salt/pepper. I smoked at about 235 for about 1.5 hours using a few occasional chunks of hickory and a waterpan filled with 100% pure applejuice. I topped em off with a tomato, swiss cheese, ketchup, mouse turds and mayo and yea...Im full. Good end to a long day.

just go to the main page and at the top is a category for a throwdown, click on it and you'll understand

burgers look real good!

Ahhh damn...well too bad. Id delete the thread now but dont wanna upset whoever makes the rules. Ill try next time tho for sure, thanks for the heads up!

Take what you did and make some stuffed burgers for the throwdown! ;)

They look awesome, BTW
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Great lookin' burgers!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Recipe sounds good too, but I think you put some hamburger in there too.
icon_cool.gif

Bearcarver

haha thanks guys!

and yea, I thought the burger was obvious lol! I just had leftovers for breakfast...is that sad?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky