Smoked Brisket Burritos with Chipotle Slaw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
I smoked a brisket over the weekend along with some pastrami and a few wings using a bit of hickory.

My shade tree casts shadows on the cooker, it's hard to get a good picture of the food. lol

I foiled the brisket along with some Dale's marinade and a shiner bock beer.

The brisket with the juices poured over...

I sauted some onion along with some of the brisket...

Rolled up one with the chipotle slaw inside....

The chipotle slaw
1/2 cup mayo or salad dressing
some chopped onion
salt to taste
squeeze of fresh lime juice
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce...chopped (or more if you like)
1 bag of cole slaw cabbage
Mix and chill

I like to fry them a bit for added crunch....

I also did one with the slaw on the side to see which I liked better.....I liked the slaw inside better. It added more crunch and spice. :)

Since I could only eat one half of 1 burrito, I have three halves to go. Looks like I will be eating this for breakfast, lunch and supper today.
biggrin.gif

WOW , Dang Cowgirl , patty , Jeanie , Whatever you prefer to be called
wink.gif

I bet I'm not the only one that thinks this line under your handle :

Should be changed to :

Achieved Smoke Goddess Status , and keeps on improving and pushing the rest of us with her inspiration

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That looks awesome!!!!!

Phil, now I'm blushing big time...
redface.gif
Thank you for the kind words. I think I just have more leftovers that most of you, I gotta do something with them.
smile.gif

Joe and Pete, thank you too!

Cowgirl you inspire me, so much so that at times I have to question whether or not you are even real or if you are just a figment of my/our imagination. You seem to have endless energy, thought provoking creativity, and a very humble way of presenting yourself here. Oh yeah and you make the most incredible looking dishes, even while camping!

I'm so glad you made this forum one that you frequent. We are very lucky.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Placebo, you are too kind! You've made my day!
I'm the lucky one, thanks to all of you for letting me hang out here.

Cowgirl, that's an excellent smoke, Q, and presentation!

All I can say is WOW! Looks wonderful and that slaw recipe looks like it is to die for. Gonna try that one soon. Thanx Patty!

Good job Cowgirl. If you open a restaurant, I will come in as a quest cook from time to time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky