Smoked blue crab for a snack.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

junkers88

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Ran past the local Talin market and they had some blue crab that looked ok so we grabbed a couple and zipped home to start the smoker.

While we were waiting on the pit to heat I chilled the little guys, pulled the tops off of them and split em.

29d46e0a_Brinkman025.jpg

Got them on the pit with a veggie fattie (more like flattie) that I made for her to take to work next week.

2111a719_Brinkman027.jpg

Things were going well until the snow started, can't really see it here but it came down in a hurry.

91edcb91_Brinkman026.jpg

Off the pit.

1f5e7667_Brinkman028.jpg

My lady enjoying a glass of wine and some crab snacks.

1ad6832e_Brinkman029.jpg

Next is going to be some oysters, steamed clams (yes on the smoker) and I'm hoping some larger crab.

What a great way to spend a day.

Whhhooaaaa!!!!

Real nice....

And food looks great too!!!!

Craig

Very Nice, Junkers ! ! ! !

I got a scary story about crabs, but I won't bore anybody with it today.

Bear

icon_cool.gif

Now the girlfriend looks great and the crabs look alright too. Now when your at your fish monger's you should try the smoked lobsters. I did some whne I was in New Jersey and they are really really good. Just hit thme with a hammer and crack the shells so the smoke can get in. Then smoke for about 45 minutes @ 250°ish.

Oh.... well maybe putting a picture of my little 5' tall 112lb gym queen wasn't the best way to show case the meal but she is a part of this. Just wait till summer finally hits and we do our once a month bikini cook out. Now THAT makes for some nice pictures of the.. um.... food? 

One picture??

I see 2 of her!!

hahahhahahaha

Craig

Cant wait for the summer Qview. Crab looks good.

I'll reserve my comments about your lovely.

Did you say SNOW in New Mexico in May?

Yes indeed. Temp dropped to 30 and we had snow, it killed my pit temps in a damn hurry. Today was better we had 34 degrees at wake up and it's now 50. And here I thought my lady and I would be on the Harley by this time this year. Oh well.... more time for hot tea and the smoker!

Originally Posted by Junkers88  

Oh.... well maybe putting a picture of my little 5' tall 112lb gym queen wasn't the best way to show case the meal but she is a part of this. Just wait till summer finally hits and we do our once a month bikini cook out. Now THAT makes for some nice pictures of the.. um.... food? 

*laugh* I'd post up a better picture of her but then ya'll would all have to do the same for your "smokin ladies".
Not fair!

Mrs Bear still looks pretty good to me (at 63), but you couldn't get her in a Bikini with a stick!

Bear

Not fair!

Mrs Bear still looks pretty good to me (at 63), but you couldn't get her in a Bikini with a stick!

Bear
I know for a fact that at 63 my lady will look as good to me as yours does to you. And at that age we'll still be fishing, hunting, grilling and loving life like we did this weekend. I tell you this honestly. I HOPE that my lady stays with me for the next 40 years, I can just imagine the tales your lady could tell of you about the last 20 years or so. Talk about a great night around the pit...."Mrs. Bear tell me about the time Mr. Bear went to the river when the shad were running, said he had a great idea for catching some for roe....".

Ran past the local Talin market and they had some blue crab that looked ok so we grabbed a couple and zipped home to start the smoker.

While we were waiting on the pit to heat I chilled the little guys, pulled the tops off of them and split em.

29d46e0a_Brinkman025.jpg

Got them on the pit with a veggie fattie (more like flattie) that I made for her to take to work next week.

2111a719_Brinkman027.jpg

Things were going well until the snow started, can't really see it here but it came down in a hurry.

91edcb91_Brinkman026.jpg

Off the pit.

1f5e7667_Brinkman028.jpg

My lady enjoying a glass of wine and some crab snacks.

1ad6832e_Brinkman029.jpg

Next is going to be some oysters, steamed clams (yes on the smoker) and I'm hoping some larger crab.

What a great way to spend a day.
Smoking on a apartment balcony.......whatch out for Bear!  "Inside Joke" 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky