smoked black pepper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
I was reading a Rosengarten report and he mentioned smoked black pepper. I don't recall seeing anyone post about this. I googled it and there are different places that sell smoked black pepper(corns).

I'm thinking of trying this, it would take rubs to a new level, and add a slight smokey flavor to foods that haven't been smoked!

Waadaya think?

Can't hurt. As I have mentioned before, an interesting aroma/flavor can be imparted to your thin blue with a small handful of corns. Try that too!

Great idea! I've smoked salt before but for some odd reason I've never considered pepper. Might just have to give it a whirl. Gonna cold smoke some bacon this weekend. May add a cup of pepper to a pan and see what happens.

Hey Shelley, that is a great idea. It always amazes me how I can read something like you just posted, and say to my self, gee, why didn't I think of that?
confused.gif

scratches his head and say's-WOW what a concept-theres always room in the smoker for a little smoked spice.Damn I love this place-thanks Shelly

I know I did the same thing! I call that a DUH moment. I'm thinking how good this would be, smoked peppercorns in a pepper grinder, talk about pizzazz!!! One way to have a smoked salad!!

I tried smoked paprika peppers last year, unfortunately, I didn't pay close enought attention and they got way over done. I still have some dried paprika from those peppers though!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky