Smoked Beef Tenderloin Filet Mignon W/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
I am using my A-Maze-N-Smoker tonight to cold smoke a beef tenderloin steak.

Here is the start.

The smoke generator starting up.

Wer'e smoking now.

This is the tenderloin before.

i plan on a 3 hour smoke or a litle less and then throwing on the Weber gasser to finish,

More to come.

Thanks for watching.

Not to my knowledge. That is the way Sam's cuts them.

Anyway I wasn't hungry that night and just seared it last night.

A quick 2 min sear on each side.

Some juice on the plate.

Sorry for the blurry pic, but you get the idea.

Nice and rare, the kids and I enjoyed it!!

I've tried prime rib roast but haven't tried beef tenderloin in the smoker yet. I have a couple in the freezer when Price-Rite opened a store in my area, they were $3.99/lb. The rib roast was the same price I think.

Hey Ron, I have a couple questions on another brisket thread, maybe you can answer there, I know you also use an MES. Thanks.

Can you PM me with the thread?

It does look great and I have been wanting to try one myself but after that Tri-Tip the other night I just do not know how I could beat that even with a Beef tenderloin.

Very Nice My Friend!!!

Never thought to smoke a steak first and then finish it on the grill.

Points for teaching me something new.....
points.gif

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky