Smoked Beef Ribs w/split Turkey Breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flash

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 30, 2007
Chiefland/Cedar Key, Fl
I thought since Myfishingpictures had changed their format and erased all of my photos, I would atleast attempt a repost of my smoked beef rib setup.

This was a combination of boned beef ribs and a slab of beef ribs (which I normally do not do) split apart and then marinade in mojo over night.

I place the ribs in a large aluminum foil pan pouring some of the mojo in the bottom. As the ribs smoke, the ribs are moved from top to bottom to give all of the them some time in the marinade.

These were done around 250 to 275*. Choice of wood Hickory. Charcoal with a sand pan instead of water to maintain higher heat, especially with the cooler weather.
These have been on for around 1 hour.

Wife had found a split turkey breast and she wanted it on the smoker also. No brining due to my salt issues, so injected it with some mojo and sprinkle some Memphis rub on the bird.

Ribs at 3 hours. Normal time is around 3 to 3 1/2 hours using my Great Outdoors Smokey Mountain smoker, but due to the cooler temps outside and wind, they will stay on for another hour.

At 4 hours they were looking very nice. During the 3rd to 4th hour, I occasionally sprayed the ribs with a mixture of apple juice and apple cider vinegar.

Ready for the dinner table.

Turkey breast was done until around 157* internal, then brought in. Nice and moist.

Salad, red wine, candy corn, turkey and beef ribs along with Jeffs bar-b-que sauce and some Dewey's Dirt Road bar-b-que sauce. Can't forget my cholesterol meds either.
Everything came out pretty good, although I will pass on rack beef ribs in the future, just not enough meat on those beef bones. I'll stick with the individual beef boned ribs instead. Alot more meat on them.

Of course, Scooter the dog was happy with the rib bones he got too.

Excellent lookin' grub Flash... and Scooter looks like he (she?) is in heaven!

Nice Q-view ... thanks for sharing!

How about a collective Ahhhh! for the cute doggy!
icon_biggrin.gif

Well done, Flash... I think what they might do with beef ribs singles is trim them off to the edge of each adjacent bone... leaving the meat for about 2 of what a center cut rib rack would have. You can still make stock outta the bones AFTER ya clean 'em, BTW...good bean soup base!

Thanks for the Q Views, very enticing. You had a good smoke my friend. I'll bet Scooter is saying " I don't need no stinkin' plate!).

Hey Flash...NICE JOB on the ribs.

Question: what did you use as a Mojo? Did you buy or make from your own recipe? Same question over on my rib thread.

I am close to Miami. LOL, so it is cheap here. I usually get Iberia or Goya. We have a Mexican Tienda in Chiefland I check out also. Easy to get so I go with the mix instead of making it myself. Goya is seen the most, but I prefer Iberia, for its sticking power. We usually see it for $1.50 to $2.39 a bottle. In North Carolina, it was around $3.50 a bottle
PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif
Guess as you go north, it gets more expensive.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky