Smoked almonds

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bluebombersfan

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 4, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
Did another batch of almonds witht eh recipe I got from Scarbelly.  They are DEADLY!!!  I also tried a small batch as follows:

2 cups whole almonds

2 Tbsp honey

1 Tbsp coarse salt

636604b7_001.jpg

a little action shot

0eaa2fb6_002.jpg

These ones are the honey and salt.  I hadful of cashews made it in too.  They are great but stuck together a bit when they cooled. 

6d484820_003.jpg

These are the spicy ones. 

Those look yummy. Gary has awesome recipes. I especially love the cashews. Mmmm.... and pecans.....and almonds.... Squirrels love nuts. How long did ya smoke them for?

When I smoke nuts I just do them straight out of the can, unsalted. I like the smoky flavor it adds without adding other flavors. However, I have never tried doing anything different. I may have to try one of these recipes soon. I just ran out of my unsalted, smoked almonds....a sad, sad day.

what did you put on the spicey ones?

Here it is

2 TBS Butter
2 TBS + T Tsp Tabasco
1.5 Tsp Worstehire
.5 Tsp Dry Mustard
.75 Tsp Garlic Powder
.75 Tsp granulated salt
2 Cups Raw Almonds

Mix in bowl and let sit for 30 min - drain and add to aluminum pan with ridges to sit on rack - preheat oven to 225 with applewood chunks

Reactions: andybigwood
Man these almonds look great how did the taste?

it gos in to my to do list

Thanks
The spicy ones are the best you can get!!!!  Since the first time I tried them I have done two 2kg bags of them.  A couple of ice cold beer with some spicy almonds sitting around a campfire!!!  Nothign beats that!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky