smoked a fatty today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

low&slow

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 10, 2007
Arlington, TX
I smoked my first fatty today.
It was soooo good. Until you have had a smoked fatty, you have not really experienced smoked food at its best.
Heres what I used.

4 Oz. shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup minced onion
1 Lb. Jimmy Dean pork sausage
2 Oz. cream cheese
1 Lg. Anaheim Chili pepper

I also made some ABT and some chicken breasts for the kids.
My wife says that shes afraid I'm getting addicted to smoking, and that I'm contributing to the delinquency of our neighborhood. Its funny how the neighbors are always coming over now.
One of my neighbors was walking by and says to me "whatcha cookin' over there"? I say back to him " atomic buffalo turds and a smoked fatty".
He stopped right in his tracks and said "huh... I aint never heard of anything like that before". He was quite amazed, you just had to be there to see the look on his face when he heard that.
I'm gonna do a 10# brisket tomorrow. I'll take some pics of it too.
icon_biggrin.gif

I started out by putting the pepper on the grill for about 5 minutes. Take it off and let it cool down.
Cut the end off the pepper and remove the seeds. Stuff it full of the cream cheese and onion mixture. Mash the sausage out flat like a pancake and lay the pepper in the middle. Cover the pepper in cheddar cheese.
Rolled it up real tight and threw it on the smoker for 2 hours at about 250.
I picked up the recipe from the net somewhere.

Right now at Publix, the house brand is 2/$3, then a 50 cent coupon is on each one, so they're a buck each. I bought 20, into the freezer!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky