Smoked 8 lb turkey Breast with applesauce,asparugus,cayene rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alx

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 4, 2009
Annapolis,Maryland
Found this other day-was frozen

Smoked with Pecan/Apple at roughly 300-325.Put some of my dries tyme and golden sage under the skin and some peanut oil on skin...

Made some fresh apple sauce

Took average 2 hours at 300 degree

Talked to bro at garden this morning-he was canning the last tomatoes for year and i was doing the last of 120 pounds fresh roasted green chiles

Mentioned dinner had a feeling might see again..Its ok.He brought the 18 year old red wine he stores.DYNAMITE

Had a feeling he was showing up with family tonite-all good

smoked turkey with homemade apple sauce-asparagus and rice with hydrated cayene,mushroom and fresh sweet bell pepper

Thanks for checking out the family LOL dinner...........

Great looking meal Alex, loved the skin on the turkey (great deal by the way) and that rice looked amazing! Glad you were able to share some great food with others.
Roasting all those peppers, canning, smoking, when do you actually get a chance to rest?

Looks Delicious ALX...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Man alex thats one fine plat of food you are serving there. I wish i was part of the family. Atleast for a dinner. Great job

Another month and i put a heavy cover-crop on garden.Definetly thinking it is time to head north for some sking,hunting-checking on the property...

ALX, your turkey looks great.

I've just did my second whole turkey breast. I must have over cooked it because it was not as juicy as the first. Temps were reading 170-180 depending on where I checked, which I didn't think was too high at the time.

The first one I did was on sale for .99/lb. A 5 pounder. Came out great. The second was at the original price of $3.29 and was also around 5 lbs. Makes a nice dinner and I save on whole side for sandwiches. It cuts really well when chilled.

Man it all looks good. Try resmoking the bones and carcass for soup as mentioned.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Yep-save all my bones-love fresh pea soup with the hambone stock.Must have 10 in freezer....

Re-heated the leftovers in gravy from drippings tonite.Man,the smell in kitchen when i got in from working in garden till dark.......

Thanks for compliments.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky