Smoke Vault 24 wind break

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

podevil

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
In the Mountains of Western Pa
Here is my little "Smoke House" wind break I constructed for my Smoke Vault 24....It works really good and keeps the Temps up, in this miserable cold and wind...
This is a front view

and this is a side view

I left the sides on the very bottom open and put a 4" chimney vent in the top to help dissipate the smoke from the Smoke Vault, and to aide in circulation...
This is a work in progress! I am going to put some castor's on it, so it is easier to move around, and my lady is going to make a curtain for the front, (she got some outdoor heavy Camo fabric) to help keep the heat in the box..I am using a moving blanket over the front right now...I am also going to put some small shelves inside for my remote thermometers and other accessories

I fired it up the other day, and brought the temp up to 225 and it held right there...even at 8 degrees and a good wind...
Just thought I would share!
I have a friend that owns a pallet building business, and he and I put this together in about an hour and a half, for almost nothing
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

good place to warm the hands too!
icon_biggrin.gif

Podevil

Great job on finding a way to shelter your smoker. I'm going to look forward to the final pics when your done. Have a good smoke my friend.

Great looking shack. Should work out nice for you. I did something similar for my little cheif, but I also insulated it and put a door on the front of mine. Good job.

Kookie

That outta do it! good job," don't let the weather dictate your menu ", I always say.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky