Smoke Vault 24 wind break

Discussion in 'Propane Smokers' started by podevil, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Here is my little "Smoke House" wind break I constructed for my Smoke Vault 24....It works really good and keeps the Temps up, in this miserable cold and wind...
    This is a front view

and this is a side view

I left the sides on the very bottom open and put a 4" chimney vent in the top to help dissipate the smoke from the Smoke Vault, and to aide in circulation...
    This is a work in progress! I am going to put some castor's on it, so it is easier to move around, and my lady is going to make a curtain for the front, (she got some outdoor heavy Camo fabric) to help keep the heat in the box..I am using a moving blanket over the front right now...I am also going to put some small shelves inside for my remote thermometers and other accessories

I fired it up the other day, and brought the temp up to 225 and it held right there...even at 8 degrees and a good wind...
    Just thought I would share!
    I have a friend that owns a pallet building business, and he and I put this together in about an hour and a half, for almost nothing[​IMG]
    good place to warm the hands too![​IMG]
    Podevil

2. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great job on finding a way to shelter your smoker. I'm going to look forward to the final pics when your done. Have a good smoke my friend.

3. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

podevil
    I like it, very nice set up. Before you know it you will have shingles and vinyl siding on it !!!

4. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very impressive...you get a permit for that??? Building inspector mod. [​IMG]

5. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking shack. Should work out nice for you. I did something similar for my little cheif, but I also insulated it and put a door on the front of mine. Good job.

Kookie

6. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That outta do it! good job," don't let the weather dictate your menu ", I always say.

7. welder

welder Smoke Blower

I like that smoker. Also good ideal about the wind break.

8. smokeys my pet

smokeys my pet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Pod now thats using your head for something besides a hat rack!!!!!!!Nice build and like the idea!!!!!!!!!!!