Smoke Vault (24") questions................

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bailey151

Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
Just got the unit yesterday, got it built & have yet to season it (weekend). Bent the tabs & like most that are shipped it's a bit out of square, should work fine though. Planning something to seal it better (nomex maybe).

Is there anywhere to buy additional standard racks (not the jerky ones)...........any others that will fit?

Did they change some stuff - water pan is steel/enamel............weren't they stainless at one time?

Thought I read somewhere here the therm had an adjustment nut, didn't see one. Has a plastic press fit with some piece of what appears to be silicone behind it? It was off by about 12* - no biggie, just use a probe (more curious).

thanks

That's funny, I just got my 24" Smoke Vault delivered yesterday as well.  Mine came with an enameled water pan too.  The camp chef website sells additional racks for $35 a pop (ouch).  http://www.campchef.com/smoking-grate-for-smv24b.html   I found a thermometer adjustment guide for the Smoke Vault here:  http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/Downloads_files/CalibratingThermometer.pdf   I haven't had to use it yet as my boiling water test read at 212.  I hope this helps. 
Excellent, thanks so much!

How in the heck did you find the rack - I looked all over the camp chef site w/o success - lol. Seems pricey but I checked some oven racks (trying to find the size) & they run about that price. They seem to be heavier than the el-cheapo gas grill replacement stuff I found.

icon_cool.gif

Now if your vault is alittle out of square you can just rack it back into square. Just build the square and then push it from corner to corner and that should re-align it. I had to do it to mine. It seals good or as good as it can I guess the door fits over the box anyway. My water pan is metal but not ceramic or anything. I have never looked to tell you the truth but my thermo-meter is pretty close. I have 4 thermometers anyway.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky