smoke time / amount of wood chunks ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cyclonesmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 29, 2011
Iowa
smoking two whole chickens Sunday - my understanding is it should take around 3hrs to smoke. I shouldn't have to add wood chunks if the process only takes 3hrs...am I thinking correctly? Also, I have a GODSM - the wood chip box is kinda small - would you suggest only putting 2 or 3 chunks of wood in? The chucks are prob 1 inch by 2 inch chunks....I've read that the less wood the more smoke you'll get.....

icon_cool.gif

Now Al is right on with his answer. Then nextime you are at the hardware store or maybe Homeless or Lowe's you might want to pick up a larger pan for your chips. That's one of the first things that I would do to your GOSM.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky