Smoke Ribs for 3, Oven the other 3?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

murphys law

Original poster
Feb 3, 2014
First off I have a Brinkmann SnP so holding heat and using a ton of fuel is an issue. That said I plan to do my first pork spares Saturday and I wanted to get your thoughts on this. I was planning to do the 3-2-1 method but only smoke for the first 3, then wrap and oven the next two and unwrap and oven the last hour. return to the grill for the last 10 mins for sauce. Will this produce the same results? I figure most of the smoking is done in the first 3 hours anyway. I realize I'm breaking the BBQ code but with what I have I feel this may be my best option to control temp better and to save on fuel.

I think you understand very well.  The three gives you the smoke, the two can be done in the oven, I do it all the time, the one can be done on the smoker or the grill.  They are normally pretty done after 5 hours and all you are trying to do is tighten up the sauce and put some color on them.  I prefer to do the last hour on the grill but the smoker, since it is already hot is great also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky