Smoke grilled chicken with first QVIEW!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rednhez

Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
I've smoked a few chickens this way.  Third time using the ring though to keep the charcoal around the outside. (Brilliant!) I've taken a good deal from SMF so its time to give back.  my first QView.  Its still on, but i took this while i was pulling the sweaty dogs off for a snack.

8da398a1_IMAG0086.jpg

Next time I think i want to try a beer butt chicken

6d93231e_IMAG0087.jpg

My free weber kettle, its hard to get a good picture of the light smoke coming out

a048c0e1_IMAG0088.jpg

Mmmmm sweaty doggs for tomorrows lunch
19b0a89c_IMAG0089.jpg

Its been on for about 3 1/2 hours, time to check the temp and pull it out.

what temp do you guys take it out at?

pulled it at 165

e9f4f32c_IMAG0090.jpg
1756b6fa_IMAG0091.jpg

Ignore that missing wing
icon_lol.gif
  I always get to excited and start eating, hence the first Q view. had to wash my hands and take a picture.  excellent so far, the fat is very gelatinous, and the meat is falling off the bone.  my roommate from china said it was some of the best chicken he's even had, maybe I'll convert him to a smoker
icon_razz.gif
and he can start a trend in china

Nice!  I've gotta stop looking at this site before I have dinner -- my stomach let out a huge growl when I saw those pics!
tongue.gif

Bret - ya sure that was a growl?  LOL...
LOL, if you're implying that it was gas, it most definitely was not!  It was my stomach saying "Dang!  I want me some smoked chicken right now!  The hell's your problem? Loser."

I love my stomach, but it can be rude sometimes. 
biggrin.gif

LOL, if you're implying that it was gas, it most definitely was not!  It was my stomach saying "Dang!  I want me some smoked chicken right now!  The hell's your problem? Loser."

I love my stomach, but it can be rude sometimes. 
biggrin.gif
Your stomach comment just made me think of the post in the Pork section reference Flatulence! LOL

cool.gif

Bret had ribs last night didn't you??? Now Red your chicken looks pretty darn good to me here.What kinda wood did you use in your smoke???

That was a smart move---clipping a wing, so she doesn't get away!

Bet it was great!

Bearcarver

@mballi3011 I used hickory, so far its my favorite, i had a few bradford pear logs outside my apartment, but they mysteriously disappeared
icon_question.gif
so I won't be able to try that any time soon.

@Bearcarver, It was delicious, I'm starting to think smoked wings are way better than fried wings.  meat falling off the bone and no need for sauce mmm mmm MMMMMM

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky