smoke generator cleanup....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimr

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
Fountain City, Wisconsin
When using a smoke generator, like a Big Kahuna, what is the best method for removing the creasote build-up in the unit itself?

I noticed that the use of wood pellets causes considerably more build-up than using chips or chunks. Witness the puddle on my driveway
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

My Smoke guns are home brew, but I also get Creosote buildup, espically in the horizontal pipe (chimmney). I usally get a large tub and soak for about 3 or 4 days, then with a rag I run it down the chimmney into the chamber, till I get most of the creosote out. The buildup in the horizontal pipe/chimmney is the most to be concerned about, as the draft is cut back and thus your flow of smoke is held back. Kinda like a draft damper on a woodburner. http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/hounds51/

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky