Smoke a Turkey Breast?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fishawn

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Olympia, WA
I have a Turkey Breast......I usually inject them with a beer-butter injection & grill them......They are great......I have never smoked a turkey breast......What tips do y'all have?.....Should I do the beer-butter injection then smoke?.....Give me some ideas?

Beer butter injection sounds pretty good to me. I usually do the whole bird and brine it. Injecting would work well tho.

In my opinion yes much better. The only thing that compares to smoked turkey is a deep fried turkey. I have the deep fryer and oil but still find myself smoking them more than anything else.

I do mine hot at about 325* because my family has to have crispy skin they think. If I wasn't worried about the skin I would smoke at 225* for better smoke. I have used hickory, cherry, and apple. My personal choice is straight apple but it is a light flavor.

I have done several turkey breast and this is how I do em. Lots of compliments.

I pull skin back across breast and season with my rub. Then pull skin back over bird and lightly rub with olive oil. I inject the bird liberally with 1 cup apple juice mixed with 1 tbs my rub. Dust down outside and inside of bird with rub and smoke 275-300 with Pecan or Apple,till bird is 150 internal. Wrap in foil and smoke to 170-175. I know you are not suppose to need to go that high now but it has never been dry and is very tender. Let rest about 30-45 minutes before unwrapping and carving. Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky