SMF Gives Back 2013 Christmas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
The last few years we have tried to help out families in need. Well thanksgiving is in a few days and Christmas is right around the corner.

We will again be trying to help some folks in need. If you are going thru tough times and need a little help for the holidays please PM me. If you know of a family that could use the help PM me with their address. We will try to help as many people as possible.

I would encourage you to try to help people in need this holiday season. I know a few that are doing something as simple as help at a soup kitchen.

Thanks everyone for being part of this great community.

Brian

I like to see people give.

The wife and I don't have much, but to me there is nothing more rewarding  then seeing people smile.  This year I will be doing a full run of pork and vac sealing it in 2lb. packs.  It will be given to those that need.    The more I try to sell pork and bacon, it seems the more I give away.   I hope everyone has a great Christmas season

This forum has taught me so much.   I would like to wish everyone who puts there time into running the forum a very Merry Christmas from the little house  in the valley in the mountains of North Carolina. 

Linda and I always try to help the needy--we give what we can, feed who we can.  The one thing we don't do is give money to the charities. They just aired a show up here on charities, and the best one in Canada was the heart foundation.  They actually sent 30% of cash donations to the charity--30%??  The otherr 70% went to wages, expences, and advertising!!!!!!!!!!!!  And they are the BEST one?  No cash, just food and help.

Gary

I'm a service member and the way my family and I help is I cook for others. I cook for the single soldiers and others events were I'm stationed. We pay for most of this out of our pocket with little to no return. We love to do it and the problem we are starting to have is my smokers to small. If anyone knows of someone who has a smoker not being used or anyone wanting to donate one or sell one for cheap PLEASE let me know. I'm stationed in Kansas now and anything and everything helps... Thanks

I would really like to put together a BBQ completion here on the post for the soldiers. BBQ Pitmasters and the service members kinda deal where it travels around to all the bases and then has one giant event at the end of the year. The soldiers BBQ Pitmasters Super Bowl or something...

Linda and I always try to help the needy--we give what we can, feed who we can.  The one thing we don't do is give money to the charities. They just aired a show up here on charities, and the best one in Canada was the heart foundation.  They actually sent 30% of cash donations to the charity--30%??  The otherr 70% went to wages, expences, and advertising!!!!!!!!!!!!  And they are the BEST one?  No cash, just food and help.

Gary
Gary, Samaritan's Purse is about 20 miles from us.   I have worked for some of the big wheels in the past.  They live very well.  Nothing wrong with that.  But if they can afford to live in 800-1mil dollar houses something isn't right.  Its  my understanding that about 8% of what they bring in goes to helping people.   

I agree with you.  I give food to those in need year round.   If we have pork left over it hardly ever goes into the freezer.   I'll vac seal it a give it to someone. 

Hey all

The members on this forum just never cease to amaze me.  The kind hearts, the generosity.  Linda and I have had a really bad year workwise, but Christmas is comming up.  Might not be a whole bunch under the tree, but all the "strays" in our area will be at the table for turkey and ham.

Gary

Reactions: wes w
Glad to hear that everyone is doing what they can. Please let me know if you anyone needs a hand this year.

Have a neighbor with 7 children. Hard working couple! Never ask for a handout.  Help them all we can. Share our garden in the summer/fall. They just had their 7th child. Best neighbors one could hope for. Making a couple meals for them tomorrow that they can cook and eat. Need to do a couple pork butts on the BGE if the weather breaks! Merry Christmas to you all.

Have a neighbor with 7 children. Hard working couple! Never ask for a handout.  Help them all we can. Share our garden in the summer/fall. They just had their 7th child. Best neighbors one could hope for. Making a couple meals for them tomorrow that they can cook and eat. Need to do a couple pork butts on the BGE if the weather breaks! Merry Christmas to you all.
Hey eh76

It is nice to know there actually are good people out there.  Merry Christmas friend

Gary

Glad to hear that everyone is doing what they can. Please let me know if you anyone needs a hand this year.
I have found in my short life that the people who truly need it won't ask.   You just have to give it to them.    Not to many folks like that anymore though.....Pretty sure they call it pride....

You are right Wes but I hope that the ones in need can get past the pride and take some good old fashion giving.

This is amazing!  Very heart warming and it makes me want to do MORE!  My wife and I have for the last several years done a "Christmas Jar"  which is where we throw our spare change in a jar through out the year and right before Christmas we cash it in, and send it to a family or individual that could really use the help.  It may not be much but it sure does help brighten someones day.  I never thought of smoking up some food to donate but that's a really great idea also!

Sad to say, but pride is a hard thing to get past. I know--I hate to ask anyone for anything.  And my family ain't starving.  When you don't have anything else, pride will often get you through.  We just have to look a little closer, and dig a little deeper.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky