SMALL GARDEN IN EAST TEXAS -2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Done and Done
Everything is planted Onions (3 kinds) Potatoes, Cucumbers (2 kinds) Tomatoes (4 kinds) Tomatillos Peppers (5 kinds) Squash & Zucchini . Down the fence I have Muscadine vines also Blackberry's, Strawberry's and a grape vine

Overall shot of the garden Muscadine's down the fence
IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

Tilled up another small spot for a few more Tomatoes and a couple of Cukes
IMG_0423.jpg

You Southerners... Here's what my garden looks like on this first full day of spring.

_DSC0794.JPG

Garden Update :
Everything is doing really well, We did have a light frost the other morning got a little leaf burn on a few plants, no biggie.
Onions and Potatoes coming on like gang busters, Muscadine's (down the fence line are leafing out, Kiwi's are growing ,
Blackberry's just starting to get get leaves and Strawberry's are running like crazy and have lots of berry's

In the Garden, Squash, Zucchini, Peppers, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Lettuce, Potatoes and Onions

A few garden pics (Muscadine's in the background
IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg
IMG_0496.jpg
IMG_0497.jpg

That Garden is Awesome again!!:)
If we had a Garden it would have been all White today again (for a little while).
Nice Job, Gary!!

Bear

That garden looks awesome this year Gary. Why the hog wire between the crops brother? Is that for your grapes? Also... kiwi? Seriously? Like! B

Here are a couple of pics I took yesterday

Shot of the Garden
IMG_0547.jpg

Another Part of the Yard with more Mater plants and one Tomatillo
IMG_0549.jpg

Strawberry's and one Tomato
IMG_0554.jpg

Grapevine doing really well also have a Blackberry vine just starting
IMG_0553.jpg

Reactions: Bearcarver
Dang Gary just now been dry enough to even think about even getting my ground worked up(had over 3" rain last week). Looking great you'll be eating tomatoes before I even get mine planted.

Warren

Dug up my tater today. I started with 20 eyes wound up with 12 plants (I think the other 8 drowned)
got a little over a hundred potatoes , some were real small . We have pulled some a time or before but I didn't count them

IMG_0593.jpg

Reactions: Bearcarver
Last time we grew potatoes the voles got into the bed and took one bite out of every potato. I thought that was pretty rude. They could have just taken a couple and eaten the whole things.

I had to give up on taters. I harvested 75# the first year and then ended up with blight. They sure are good fresh out of the ground though.

Those would go Great with the Tenderloin I'm Smoking!!:)

If I was going to have a garden, Mother's day is when it's sometimes safe to plant, but it's way to wet around here.
Rains every day, with 8 more days to go!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky