Small Beef Roast on The Pit Barrel Cooker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
Broke out the Pit Barrel Cooker after our little April 19th snow storm and making just enough room on the deck for cooking today. ❄☃⛄.
SUFvXcI.jpg

Had this roast in the fridge for a few days all rubbed down with a home made dry rub. A little bit of this and a little bit of that :emoji_ok_hand: Home made BBQ sauce for later.
fyFe9P1.jpg

Three hours later @130F IT it was ready to come out for a short rest.
APJ3bdd.jpg

Sliced some for me and my son for dinner tonight. It kind of made up for the nasty little trick mother nature played on us up here in Northern Ontario. :emoji_joy:
IZhtnGd.jpg
DzTzIP7.jpg

if it's any consolation, it was 70*F yesterday, snowed/wintery-mixed all day here with lows in the 20's here, in st louis... and with your cook i now have no excuse to not use a cheap cooker tomorrow :emoji_laughing:

i like my carrots raw, but beets really do not get the appreciation they deserve around here. im guilty of not buying them more often, myself

Reactions: KBFlyer
i like my carrots raw, but beets really do not get the appreciation they deserve around here. im guilty of not buying them more often, myself

The carrots were from last year. I had canned a ton of them and have been eating them over the winter. The beets are pickled beets I made from last years crop. Never did like beets when I was a kid but love them now.

Looks good. Is the base of that rub brown sugar?

You know I am really not sure. I probably googled a rub for beef & pork that was low in salt as the Doc gets pissed off when I break the rules LOL I know I have a large bag of mesquite powder I will add to my rubs. Gives it that BBQed flavor.

Reactions: Hamdrew
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky