Sloppy Joes Kicked Up A Notch W/QVIEW & Slide Show

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
Well Carol asked me to do some sloppy Joes and I jumped at the opportunity. Picked up some Ground chuck on the way home.

2 1/2 pounds chuck 1/2 onion ready to sautee.

The Ingredients.

After browning 1/3 KC, 2/3 catsup, a handful brown sugar, a couple splashes cider vinegar and everything else to taste. If it doesn't take your breath away when you sniff it, you do not enough vinegar. Took two tries tonight before I got Carols approval after coughing a few times.
icon_smile.gif

Ready for the smoker. Total prep time 15 minutes and maybe 1 hour in the smoker because I have to get her fed soon. Hickory at 220'.

More pics and the slide show coming.
Thanks for watching, Ron

Looking good Ron. I probably would have caramelized those onions a bit first but that's just me and the way I like em. Great idea to throw it on the smoker for a while.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Niice job Ron, looks great....HEY on Halloween, how about a smoked carmel apple?......What ya think?......I might give it a try myself!
biggrin.gif

that don't look like 2.5*s chuck ron per ratio of a 1/2 onion? and ya I carmelize mine first also-and grind my own chuck-but like boiling ribs -as long as it works.I love a good sloppy joe.

Looks good Ron. Ill have to try that.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Ron, i'm worried about your waistline. How many miles u run each day to keep the "Q" burn't off?? J/K Nice job Ron. I'm learning the hard way that a happy wife makes for a better life.

Good job Ron, i would have carmalize onion too but that is the way i roll..so im sure that they are great i could follow the instructions...anouther good job bro

i make some very simalar sloppy joes ron, carmelized onion,ground elk,ketchup,brown sugar, a lil chili powder,a lil red pepper, a can of mushrooms. good stuff, now you got me thinkin mebe smoke some???
good smoke ron!!!

Ron that looks great!! I've never made sloppy joe's unless it came out of a can, but I think I'll try your recipe this weekend.

Why didn't you throw some lamb in there?
biggrin.gif

Thanks.

Thanks, ya on the onions but Carol likes a little crunch.

Thanks Shawn. Let me know how it is Shawn.

Thanks.

Well I didn't weigh it maybe closer to 2 lbs. Shoulda made more.

Thanks Brian. It's fast and easy.

No running just eat wisely. 5 ' 11" 175#.

Thanks Jerry.

Thanks buddy!

Gotcha! Good catch though.

Thanks. It's simple anyone can do it.

Yeppers.

Let me know how it is.

Smoked for 1 hour.

Carols Sammie.

Click Here For The Slide Show

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm287/Ronp100343/?action=view&current=f9434a9e.pbw

As always thanks for watching the show,
Ron.

Good lookin' Joes there Ron. I've been out of the smoke pit for several days. Things just don't seem to be coming together lately. But, knowing a guy (or gal) can put something that easy into the thin blue...well that helps me keep my spirits up for waiting for my next smoke.

Thanks Ron

Eric

Thanks Eric. Well I hope you get it together.

Thanks Bubba, now that you know my taste preferences which sauce do you recomend? I like KC as a base, Tashidas, and catsup, and vadilia, garlic, brown sugar, sometimes honey, and sometimes a maple syrup flavor, and a little heat. I did look at your site, nice by the way. You have a great selection there but wouldn't know what to order. What are the shipping costs, I didn't go that far?

Thanks man, let me know.

man oh man. looks good. you really love that MES dont ya. havent got my buddie to fire up his yet. lazy. did my first uds smoke tonight loved it.

do you smoke your toothpics too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky