Slicing knife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
I recently picked up this slicing knife from restaurant depot. I wasn’t too happy with the slices I made with my last batch of lox. This knife is an Acero 10” slicer with a grantham edge. Paid $15, and was more than happy with the knife and how it handled.
5410EF73-6174-43A4-A0EE-F35D71FD37B5.jpeg D2E3D3A0-D26C-4903-934B-8A232862A030.jpeg
If you are looking for a good slicer at a fair price, this one would be hard to pass up. It’s the 2nd Acero I’ve owned and I like them both.

Last edited:
Good looking knife.
I produce and slice a lot of cold smoked salmon and having a good knife is so important.

Reactions: 73saint
Thanks! Yeah, I was really taking my time, which I think is key. Good, sharp knife doesn’t hurt either.

Yep a sharp knife & a lot of patience is how you slice lox.
They say you should be able to read the newspaper thru the meat, if you slice it thin enough!
And that takes a sharp knife.
It looks like you have it figured out!
Nice score on the knife!
Al

I have one of those too, it’s at my deer camp and we use it on all the hunting knives. I just wish I could hand sharpen.

I use my Worksharp on all of my knives. Hunting, fillet, kitchen, EDC....doesn't matter. The Worksharp can do them all. Even sharpen my kitchen shears, lawn shears and lawn mower blade with it.

So I take it it has a thin flexible blade?
Looks mighty wicked with the sharp tip.
I found out how sharp my big knife is last night when I nicked my baby finger on it. :eek: I must make a sheath for it.
I use sharpening steels mostly, anymore. And a diamond dust steel.
I like hand sharpening best. But if the blade really needs work, I have a Tormek wet stone in the shop. I got it for turning chisles, Jointer and Planer Blades, etc.
The true test was after sharpening every thing with an edge, and several scissors, my wife trusted me with her hair cutting scissors.
She said they were sharper than they have ever been.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky