Slicing "Hog zilla"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mballi3011

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
drool.gif

Well I finished smoking this Huge bellie. I had to cut it in half to fit in my smoker. So it's smoked and in the re-frig but I need more bacon for the Gathering @Jerry's. So here goes my trying to slice this monster. Oh yea here's my E-bay slicer with it's 7" blade.

The blade is really sharp and it has worked very well in the past. But this is "HogZilla". Well I started with the smaller half and it seemed to work fairly well.

Not bad and they are gonna taste well good I hope????

Here's one for sizing up the slices. This is a 8" chef knife

Well this one speakers for it's self. Oh yea it does taste pretty darn good but let's see what Jerry and the others think. Now I'm also making a couple more Bellie for the Gathering but they look small in comparison. Now I could slice the smaller half but the larger half will have to wait till I get to Jerry's and use his larger slicer. So I'm sure there will be plenty of photos at Jerry's coming soon.  I'm hoping that 43 lbs will be enough.

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:
You Need To Break Out The Chain Saw For That Big Boy Mark...

Nice Mark ....If it tastes half as good as it looks you got a winner.
thumb1.gif

Well Mark, if hogzilla tastes as good as it looks you sure got a winner there. Not to mention a mountain of bacon.

Great looking bacon, Mark.  I'd like to try out my new slicer on a slab of that.

43 pounds of bacon seems to be just enough... for ME!!!!!

Looking good there Mark - have fun next weekend.

Shame you're so far away Mark!

I got a few chainsaws that could carve up that Big Ole Boy!

Looks mighty tasty from here!

Bear

Man that is some great looking bacon. You dont need a slicer you need our secret weapon

GinsuRob (aka ChefRob)

Man that is some great looking bacon. You dont need a slicer you need our secret weapon

GinsuRob (aka ChefRob)
Yup!

You could throw it up in the air, and he could slice it in 8 to 10 even slices per pound, before it hits the table.

Just stand back!  Ninja At Work!

Bear

icon_cool.gif

Thats what I need a Ginsu dude running around here chopping poop up. Then if he starts yelling NO COKE............ PEPSI I'm running as fast as I can but I'll grab the bacon first..................................LATER

Fantastic job on the bacon.......... It was a hit at the gathering........The bacon aroma every morning was like being in hog heaven................

I can say that was some fine bacon Mark,had to cringe that first morning when the gals fried up the store bought.Glad you got into it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky