"Slept Late"

Discussion in 'Beef' started by roger, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Had plans on going to bed early and getting up early. forgot to set the alarm. Woke up @ 4:30. Oh well, I got all time in the world.

My 13lb brisket has been marinating in Lowry's Carribean Jerk marinate all night and now the grill is heating up and the smoker is going. Gonna give Smok'nOkie sear a try. Q-view will follow.[​IMG]

2. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Works well. Don't forget a rub, eh...

3. Richtee,

No rub, just the marinte with kosher salt and cracked black pepper.

Something a little different this time.

4. richtee

Ahhh...cool! Viva la'difference! Burn, baybay, BURN!

5. richtee

Still got your arm hair? Hehehe...

6. Yey, still got it but if I keep this up I'm gonna have to figure out a better way of doing the sear.

7. richtee

Long sturdy forks and welding gloves... :{)

8. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

First time I did the SmokyOkie method, my wife almost died when she saw me burning/charring the brisket... she thought I'd lost my mind. But alas, it was well worth the comments and weird looks.

Good luck and don't forget the Q-view! [​IMG]

9. buddy

buddy StickBurners

Good luck on your smoke , hope it turns out well.

10. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Roger, Sounds good!! I like to use the Lowry's Carribean Jerk marinade for making beef jerky so I know that brisket is going into the smoker a happy piece of meat!!

11. foozer

foozer Meat Mopper

when doing that arm-hair singeing sear how long do you sear on each side?[​IMG]

12. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Sounds great, looking forward to your Q Views.

13. The pic's are coming. The brisket hit its plateau about an hour ago. 147de. Put a dozen ABT's on, They ought to be ready here in an hour or so.

Hang tite, everytings look'n pretty good on my end. Later

14. shellbellc

shellbellc Master of the Pit OTBS Member

15. The brisket is still sitt'n there at 147, been along day.

16. Hey Shell, I wake them chickens up [​IMG]

17. glued2it

glued2it Master of the Pit

I'm with shell the only thing I do @ 4:30 is go to bed because I partied all night or to get up for a bathroom break.

I believe if go to sleep before the sun goes down and you get it up before it does. You either have a terrible work schedule or a sleeping disorder. [​IMG]

Good luck on the brisket Roger! I'll be looking for the Q view!

18. richtee

Hmm should be about dinner time, eh?

19. Wait till ya'll youngsters get a little age on ya', ya'll change that tune.[​IMG]

20. Rich, we've been fight'n wind and cool temps today, I've been sitt'n on this plateau for two hours now. Wait'n on the rise so I can foil and finish.

Been a long day