slaw?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
this makes a big bowl of slaw, like for a cook out or party:

Cole Slaw

4 1/2 lbs of cabbage, shredded
2 large carrots, shredded (I like 1 carrot)
1 - 2 Vandalia onions, finely chopped (I like 1 onion)

4 cups of kraft mayo
1 tablespoon of celery seed
6 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 - 1 1/2 cup of sugar (I start with 1 cup of sugar)

Make the dressing up and set aside.
Shred your first 2 ingredients and chop the onion.
(I let the carrots set on a few paper towels to 'dry' a little, because if I didn't, the slaw turn really orange)

Before mixing the dressing with the cabbage, carrot and onion mixture taste the dressing and make sure it is sweet/sour enough for you and adjust accordingly.

I also add the dressing slowly so I do not make it with too much dressing. The recipe calls for more dressing than we like, but others love all of it.

I hope you like it!!

Lisa
tongue.gif

Go to grocery store, buy bag of slaw, go to salad dressing isle and buy a bottle of Kraft Slaw dressing.

Man you're quick to give out the old family recipe goat. Don't suppose you have the secret recipe to Bush's baked beans or KFC's chicken do ya???

KFC
2 T. paprika
1 T. onion salt
1 t. celery salt
1 t. rubbed sage
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. ground allspice
1 t. ground oregano
1 t. chili powder
1 t. black pepper
1 t. sweet basil leaves, crushed
1 t. marjoram leaves, crushed fine

Combine all ingredients as listed in a small jar with a tight fitting lid (baby food jars work well). Shake mixture to combine. Stores for months. Keep out of direct sunlight, heat and humidity.
(makes about 1/3 cup)

TO USE:
Mix together 4 t. mixture, 1 c. flour, 2 T. packed light brown sugar
and 1 t. salt. Place in doubled plastic food bag and add chicken to coat. Fry.

KFC Honey BBQ chicken wings
Ingredients:
20 chicken wings, tips removed.
2 cups flour
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 bottle KC Masterpiece Original Barbecue sauce
1/4 cup honey
Wash chicken wings, remove the tips; cut the two pieces in half. shake off excess water. place eggs and milk in a bowl and mix well. set aside. Mix together Barbecue sauce and honey, set aside. Put flour in bag, shake wings to lightly coat. roll wings in egg wash and toss back in flour again. you want a fairly heavy coating of flour. Repeat 2-3 times.

Heat oil to 350 degrees. Fry wings until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. preheat oven to 325 degrees. Dip each wing in BBC sauce and place on greased cookie sheet( pieces should not touch each other). Bake 15-20 min. until they no longer look shiny

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky