Size of brisket?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coz

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 21, 2006
Montello,Wi
As we were dicussing building a small smoker at work we ran into a size argument and I thought I would ask .What is an average length os a brisket.How about a rack of ribs.One of the guys and I are going to try building a couple small charcoal smokers and I wanted to be able to do a brisket or a full rack.Not sure what I need for rack length?THanks

24" is probably good for 80% of the briskets out there, but try for 30" just in case. You will appreciate the extra space when you have it and miss it if you don't!

Surely he meant big. I agree with the above as well Coz. I consider the 2 foot absolutely minimum unless you want to cut up or roll up ribs which I wouldn't want to do. My GOSM is 24" and I would love to have even that extra 6" as was talked about at least 50% if not more of the time.

Well I guess after figuring the amount of work I may as well build the full size unit.We were discussing making a couple copies of Stumps type smokers.The one guy wanted a smaller version and I thought that a mini version would be cool but we will see wher it goes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky