• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

size and price for pork belly

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 7, 2006
I have been working up the notion to smoke me up some bacon so I called our local butcher and found I have to let them know by the end of the week because they butcher on Tuesdays.

I was think of starting with 2 sides, they said the sides run 6 - 8 lbs and are $1.79 per pound. Does that sound right? I was reading dacdots cure recipe and I was wondering if that would be enough for two sides?

smoked

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 14, 2006
at least you have a butcher that will do pork bellies......I'm still searching out here.......it's killing me.....

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 7, 2006
As a last resort maybe ask your butcher at the grocery store? If they can't get them maybe they can give you a contact. I'm going to hold off another week on ordering them so I know that I have all the right "cure stuff". Good luck in your search!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.