1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Sittin n'waitin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by travcoman45, Sep 26, 2010.

1. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Ta pass another kidney stone.

Wen't ta the hospital E.R. yesterday at four thirty in the mornin. Pain was unreal, couldn't laydown, sitdown er stand up an make it quit.

So they tell me I'd passed a one mm stone an got a two mm one ta go yet. Gotta see doc tammarraw before I can go back ta work. Hope I never go through this again!

Life has plumb been nuts round here. Oldest boy be in Ft. Irwin Cal right now, gotta go back ta Mississippi before goin overseas. Winter will be a long one I'm afraid.

Gotta get back ta some smokin an sausage makin, just ain't had time ta do it lately.

/ message sig

2. rw willy

rw willy Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

good luck with that rock in your ...junk!

Not fun. God speed to your son.  He and his buddies are my prayers. 

3. meateater

meateater Legendary Pitmaster SMF Premier Member

Never had them and hope I never do, I feel for ya.Get well Tip.

4. pineywoods

pineywoods SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Tip I hope it passes soon for you. Hope all goes well at the Dr's I've come to not like going to them [​IMG]  Hope the son gets to spend a little time with ya'll before he ships out and once again tell him thank you for his service. I'll be looking forward to those sausage threads

5. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

Hope you get better quick!  Knockin' on wood I hadn't dealt with that yet.  

6. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Been there done that got the T-shirt and believe I feel your pain, Tip, and can share in your misery.  In my late 40's I had several episodes passing stones; found out I was causing it myself by drinking soda and milk in close succession, at least that was what the doctor said.  Hope you recover and get back to work (work really isn't a bad place when you compare it to being at home passing stones!) and I echo Pineywoods, please thank the oldest for his patriotic service.

7. que-ball

que-ball Smoking Fanatic

You're missing out, meateater!

Travcoman--Thank your eldest for me too, for his service.  Best wishes to you too, passing your stones.  I had that experience a couple years ago, with a 4mm stone.  I was laid up in the hospital for four days, and the morphine they had me on made me want to puke but didn't touch the pain.

8. richoso1

richoso1 Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

May you get back to your old self real soon my friend.

9. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Tip

Ill be praying for you. Hope that it passes soon.