Sirloin tip roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joe black

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 25, 2015
Greenville, SC
I know that med rare is go to for most folks, but the wife and I prefer a little more toward med. Would an IT of around 140* instead of most folks 130* be good for that?Also should a sirloin tip be sliced in any specific direction? Thanks for the help, Joe

Thanks much. If you are going to use the reverse sear method, does it need to go on a separate grill or can the sear be done on the FB grilling grate?

If the fire is hot enough you can use your FB grate. If you really want to go all in do it caveman style. Blow the ash off the coals and throw the roast right on the coals. Minute or so each side, done!

If the fire is hot enough you can use your FB grate. If you really want to go all in do it caveman style. Blow the ash off the coals and throw the roast right on the coals. Minute or so each side, done!
Mmmm, yaw, meat  fire good.   
yahoo.gif

Just remember that when choosing to do a reverse sear, initially pull the meat about 10 degrees sooner than you normally would.
Also should a sirloin tip be sliced in any specific direction? Thanks for the help, Joe
Slice against the grain.  Gets kind of tricky with a Sirloin Tip as there are multiple grains from different muscles.  Works really well if you can separate them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky