Sirloin steaks vortex style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Hey all,
The wife and I had a hankerin for some steak. Actually haven’t done steak in a long time so I took some sirloin steaks out of the freezer the other day and thawed em. Today hit one with salt and pepper and one with Tx Brisket seasoning from KillerHogs.

I lit a half of a chimney and dumped it into my vortex on the kettle. Did a couple of turns here and there and done. I wish I had better overall sear but it did the job. Served it with roasted baby potatoes, turnips, and beets.

Thanks for looking all.

8CBB6A4B-9C5A-45A5-B88C-6AFD60DA5E40.jpeg DCD1AF2C-66A2-4A26-9D69-1823950B6839.jpeg 53FA0D38-6B95-41F5-AE33-A388191F9861.jpeg C4EE6728-E2FE-445F-8DD9-08B70BF95011.jpeg

Man those steaks look good JCap. I usually flip the Vortex so the big side is up when I use it for grilling steaks. More heat exposure to the meat.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: JCAP
Man those steaks look good JCap. I usually flip the Vortex so the big side is up when I use it for grilling steaks. More heat exposure to the meat.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks, Chris. I thought of that immediately when I put the steaks on and they both didn't fit!. Live and learn!

Looks like a pretty good sear to me.

Yea, in retrospect pretty good. Thanks!

Those steaks look great, Like! Yep, with two steaks wide side up. I only do one, no flipping around, once a side about 70 seconds. RAY

Reactions: JCAP
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky