• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Siracha mayo "Fancy Sauce"

pandemonium

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 4, 2009
I have been eating siracha for a long time and just recently came across a recipe where you mix sirachi into mayo and some red wine vinegar and it make some good dipping sauce for like french fries or even veggies, so thought i would share it. You just mix what you think tastes good its not rocket science and depends how much you want to make so im not posting how much of each.

Also Scarbelly has turned me on to chipolte powder, and that rocks in mayo as well!!!!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Glad ya like the Chipotle powder once I send the jar you will find lots of uses for it. I also sprinkle it on mixed nuts with some garlic powder and smoke them. Mighty tasty.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Hmmm, a new kind of ketchup.
I like it, I always have the srirachi in the fridge.

chefrob

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 13, 2009
siracha and ketsup is a go to on fried food.............

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

You can mix almost anything with mayo. Heck what is russian dressing but ketchup and mayo. Hey that's what my mother told me.

pandemonium

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 4, 2009
I just mixed chipolte powder into one of those squeeze mayo bottles with a little red wine vigegar and put it on an egg samich oooodoggie!!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
So I guess I better make the run to the supplier ASAP.

Here is my offer to any of you needing Chipotle powder. The container is 8oz and when I last purchased it the price was under $10 - I will ship to anyone who wants it. I just need the cost of the product and I think USPS for a small package is $10 or less.

Let me know if you want any as I will be going next week to pick up some for Gary

athabaskar

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 21, 2007
If you don't live in the sticks go to an Asian market and ask for the Japanese mayo. It is worlds apart from Kraft and will work well with the mix you planned. 

pandemonium

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 4, 2009
If you don't live in the sticks go to an Asian market and ask for the Japanese mayo. It is worlds apart from Kraft and will work well with the mix you planned. 
sounds kinda scary lol Kraft does suck Heilmans is the best

Last edited:

baboy

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 8, 2008
Siracha is also good on grilled cheese sandwiches spread between the cheese.

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
I'm not a ketchup person, but give me a jar of Duke's mayo any ole day! I bet that chipotle powder is great in mayo. Dang. I bet that is good on fish. Double dang.

pandemonium

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 4, 2009
I'm not a ketchup person, but give me a jar of Duke's mayo any ole day! I bet that chipotle powder is great in mayo. Dang. I bet that is good on fish. Double dang.

We get commercials for duke around here but i have yet to see it in a store, i would try it

pandemonium

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 4, 2009
So I guess I better make the run to the supplier ASAP.

Here is my offer to any of you needing Chipotle powder. The container is 8oz and when I last purchased it the price was under $10 - I will ship to anyone who wants it. I just need the cost of the product and I think USPS for a small package is $10 or less.

Let me know if you want any as I will be going next week to pick up some for Gary

Did you get my pm? Scarbelly?

arwes

Joined Aug 27, 2009
When I make a grilled chicken sandwich I always mix up sriracha, Miracle Whip & sweet relish and use that as a spread.  However, I bought something new I found at the store the other day, it's pre-chopped chipotles in adobo sauce in a squirt bottle (can't recall the brand at the moment).  I love putting that in mashed sweet potatoes, so I may try that out in my little sandwich spread in place of the sriracha just to see how it goes.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.