Simple fatties for breakfast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingohiobutcher

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 21, 2009
The North Coast of Ohio
We had bulk sausage on sale at work last week so I bought 5 pounds to make old school fatties. The kids love a slice of this on a bagel in the morning for breakfast. The nice thing is you can top the slice with whatever you want. Fry up an egg,put on a slice of cheese, smear on some maple syrup,Cream cheese perhaps? The toppings are endless and the sausage is a mild flavor that works with everything.
Here they are waiting for the drum to get up to temp.

And here's the finished product...1-1/2 hours over 300* oak smoke to reach 160*

I'll try to snap a pic of a sandwich this morning.
Thanks for watching
SOB-QTV

Those are some fine looking fatties, SOB! Sometimes, simple is better. Good looking sandwich too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

It looks great and I especially like the subliminal message inference showing a loaded up pill box that says, cholesterol, forget about it!

Ha HA FunnyStuff! The pill box is actually my sons. The funny part is that my cholesterol is low... 135 I believe...my doc asked me how mine was so low and I answered him," I eat alot of meat!"
icon_mrgreen.gif

HAHAHAHA!!Take that Evil mother in-law!!
DON't ask LOOOOONG STORY!!
SOB

Now you cann't beat that breakfast sammie with a stick. My cousin from New York City brings me some bialies (jewish bagel) from Koser's kosher deli on east 14th street and this is one of the best things to put between the slices of bialy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky