simple but tasty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

camp_cookie

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
I put my 8" skillet topped with the lid from my 8" camp oven with just enough olive oil to coat the bottom and put it into my oven at 350 while I sliced up some taters. I dumped the taters in the skillet and let them cook for a while and eventually upped the temp to 375 and added some Hickory Grill seasoning. Once the taters were well on the way to being done I sliced up some beef smoked sausage and added them to the skillet and let it cook for a while. Then I poured off some of the olive oil and turned on the broiler to brown up the taters some and finish off the sausage. It's simple, but it sure is tasty.

That sounds good!!!! wheres the pics
wink.gif

where's the pics......the q-view.........around here.....no pics.......didn't happen............tho it sounded like it would of LOOKED good..........heheh

My wife moved my cameras when she put up the Christmas decorations, and I couldn't find them.

crap........well next time then...........i know ALL about wife putting stuff up where she can 'FIND' it later......uh huh..............around here, its then lost for eternity.......LOLOL

have a good and safe christmas dude

I made it again in tonight in the 10" skillet. I forgot to add the salt and pepper, but it is good nonetheless.

Thats what we make when we go hunting. But we add onion too, and sometimes fried bacon cut up real small. Yum!! We add grill seasoning too.

I think bacon would go well with it. I'm not a fan of onions, but for those that are, onions and peppers would probably be good additions.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky