Side of Lamb Not Too Thrilled

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

justpassingthru

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 7, 2009
Pamatai, Tahiti
I smoked the Lamb I was asking about on Saturday with the WSM, rubbed with EVOO, salt, pepper, granulated garlic, rosemary and thyme. The smoke wood was guava and logan, used the 3-2-1 method and the dome temp was 250°.

They were good, but like someone else said we were picking through the fat to find the meat, I can say I tried it, but I'll stick with the leg of lamb, they're cheaper and have more meat.

Hot off the WSM.

23e9e75a_cotedangeauABTs004.jpg

Plated, the ABT's were excellent, I'll post them on another thread.

25408bed_cotedangeauABTs008.jpg

Thank you all for the help and for looking at my Q-view.

Gene

I have never done Lamb but that looks good... Nice Job Gene...

It looks good from here, Gene!

That's one of my weaknesses----ALL smoked meat looks good to me!

Beautiful color though!

Bear

Thank you all for the kind replies to my Q-view.

Hey Blue, you might look in the ABT section for more info and ideas, warning, they are very addicting.

realtorterry, I wasn't either until I smoked my first one, i wasn't interested in eating it, just did it to see if I could, the locals cook them over coals and slice the meat off as it cooks, the result is dry and cold and cold lamb fat is disgusting!  I read some posts here and said why not, I cooked a bone in leg, poked slits in it and stuffed garlic slices in them, dusted with salt and pepper, placed fresh thyme and rosemary on it, wrapped in plastic and into the fridge overnight, the next day I smoked it and when it reached 135° foiled and into a cooler, later that day I told my wife to take it to her parents, she sliced off some meat for herself and I reluctantly tried it and have been hooked ever since, ...I've even cooked one hanging in my GOSM wrapped with bacon, oh man......!

Gene

Hey Gene, Sorry to hear about your side of lamb but it sure looks good. Love those abt's too............

Gene, Lamb side like that, especially domestic a bit older and grain finished, is pretty fatty and definitely for the Hard Core Lamb-aholics.

Since I are ONE...I think your work looks Incredible!

Sorry you were disappointed...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky