Side Box Smoker Availability

Discussion in 'Charcoal Smokers' started by mulepackin, May 30, 2008.

1. mulepackin

mulepackin Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

After reading Mr. Porky's CGSP thread, I was researching them on the web. What I discovered was that it is unavailable through their website, as well as many online retailers. I found some similar issues with Charbroil offsets as well, but not to the same degree, Anyone know whats up in the manf/retail world? I'm thinking it is just supply and demand, and obviously some are available, but curious if anyone knows of any other issues.

2. geek with fire

geek with fire Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I have no exact knowledge, other than, 'tis the season. I'm sure the retail outlets are making sure their stock doesn't run out, and are draining the mfg guy's stock.

3. You can get a Char Griller at Lowes or you can get a Silver Smoker at Home Depot. They are both pretty good units as long as you do the mods.[​IMG]

4. ncdodave

ncdodave Smoking Fanatic

osh carries the fire box and so does home depot and wal mart but, home depot and wal mart sell the fire box as a small mini grill with its own stand. osh has the firebox for $59.99

5. mr porky

mr porky Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

I've foud websites to be somewhat misleading. Whats on the site might not be instore and vice versa. Go to Lowes and do a search for 'smoker' and they don't list the SFB, but when I went there yesterday, they had a pallet each of the super pro and side burners. SFB's about 54 ea and the super pro about 129

good luck!

6. watermelonslim

watermelonslim Meat Mopper

7. fireguy

fireguy Smoking Fanatic

mp, if you have a menards near... watch the paper for sales.... Got my chargriller grill for 87 bones and the sfb for d0 bones on sale.good luck in your search

8. mulepackin

mulepackin Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Even Home Depot shows the CGSP out of stock for on-line purchase.

9. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I got my char-griller gas unit and sfb at menards sfb was 49.99 and gas unit was 144 on sale..........

10. I have had the same problem in my area. Seems like at the normal go to spots, hardware store, Cabala's etc don't have the good ones in stock. I even checked at BBQ Galore and their flagship smoker is not in stock in ANY store in california. I may have to settle for a brinkman verticle.