Shoulder, Ribs and Slaw with qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jjbodean1970

Original poster
May 31, 2008
Huntsville, AL
week ago today, just getting around to posting pics, doing some chick leg quarters today, will post qview of those and some abts later as well.

shoulder turned out great, ribs were a little dark and dry on the outside but very tender on the inside. possibly had temp a tad too high. i really need to get a decent thermometer. maybe for dads day???

Well now just how are we sposed make it in time for dinner if you don't post till a week later
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Looks good from here
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Keep us posted with pics of those 1/4ers and ABT s
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

for those wondering, on my plate is half red sauce (store bought) and half homemade white sauce (yummy!) anyone else here a fan of white sauces? i didnt know much about them until i moved to north alabama, they are big here.

I've tried the 'bama white sauce but was not a big fan as it's mayonase based
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif
. I'm used to a good tomato based q sauce if I use one at all.

Thanks for the qvue of your grub. How did you fix the ribs? Did you use the 3-2-1 method or just leave them on the smoker for 6 hours (that's what I do). If ya haven't tried the 3-2-1 method, give it a peek as it's supposed to provide tender ribs.
wink.gif

sumo,

actually i did 2-2-1 since they were baby backs. i am thinking too high temp. maybe spritzed them too much with my apple juice/crown royal mixture? like i said, tender on the outside and good smoke flavor, but a little dark and dry on the outside. will tinker a bit more and see what i can do...

jeff

Bein brandy new to the world of smokin , one thing I seem to have noticed so far , is that it's not so much what you got for smoking on , it's more the operator than anything
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif
You are off to a rocking good start !!!

JJ, that plate looked great! btw, Ill bet the Crimson Tide just loves all your LSU gear! GEAUX TIGERS!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky