Should I buy the Smoke Hollow 30" LP smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chazbone

Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
Great deal (I think) at Gander Mountain....$99 and I have a $25 gift card I received from my sis-in-law for Christmas (specifically for a smoker or smoking supplies).

Last year I used a smoke box in my gas grill with mixed results.  This year I aquired a second box so that I am able to rotate a fully charged box of chips when the first expires.  I also experimented with my water tray, and duct taped all top "holes" to keep the smoke in.  The pork butt, baby back ribs, spare ribs, and even beef short ribs I've done so far this year were good....but not great.

Money isn't growing on trees around here, but I'm willing to spend the $75 if the SH smoker will do a good job for preparing food for 4-10 people at a time, every couple of weeks.  There were two not-so-great reviews on Amazon, so I'm looking for some feedback to see if this is a worthwhile purchase (at least  for a few years) or if I'd be better off saving the money and continuing with my current setup.

Thank you for any feedback you can give.

Well, I looked up the model and believe it was the same as a unit being sold here In Oregon. Now, I couldn't be 100% positive but the door handle looked the same. If it is, I personally thought the unit was a little flimsy. Now, that's just my opinion...the unit may do very well functionally. I would agree about the 2 reviews....they were pretty bad. Try typing the unit model in the search bar above for member reviews on it. I have a gasser, Master Forge from Lowes and am happy with that one. I really have a problem buying on line unless I have actually seen the unit somewhere. Good luck deciding...

Thank you.  I actually would be purchasing it from the Gander Mountain store, which is about 2 miles from my house, so at least it won't be sight unseen.

Thank you.  I actually would be purchasing it from the Gander Mountain store, which is about 2 miles from my house, so at least it won't be sight unseen.
There ya go....and while there you can compare it to some others on the floor probably. I spent almost an hour at Lowes opening doors, shaking units, kicking tires etc lol....before deciding.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky