Should I Buy a Pellet Grill?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
MAK makes stainless steel pellet grills that will last longer than anything else on the market. Do you have a price range?
Just over $1000 CAD but I think I'm settled on getting the Masterbuilt Gravity 1050 charcoal grill. I just need to figure out what kind of shelter it's going to live in.

Reactions: PPG1
You have a lot of options in that price range. Masterbuilt is definitely emphasizing their Gravity charcoal models and downplaying the pellet machines.
So anyone on a budget can expect some killer deals coming up. It's maybe already starting....this is an awfully nice 24" grill for <$200:

The down side of charcoal over pellets is the cost of fuel, charcoal has went thru the roof in the last 10 years or so, 2 times a year Kingsford has a sale and I will buy 2-5 double bags to get me through the year, pellets less than $10 a bag and get several long smokes out of each, nice to switch off cookers and have choices

Reactions: TNJAKE
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'd really like to find something cast iron rather than thin gauge steel. I'm talking about the body and not the grills. Does such a thing exist in pellet grills? Vermont Castings grills were almost always cast. I realize they'd be more expensive but I'm willing to pay more for something that will last a decade or so.
My pitboss 1150 PS2 is cast iron with an extra layer of cast iron just to make my back hurt the day after unloading and assembling.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky