Sheep casing nautural

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

arldon

Original poster
Dec 24, 2015
I have been buying the small packs of sheep casing for weiners.  However sometimes they are too small.  Does anyone out there know where I can buy the 22 to 24mm casings with out spending $50  or $60 bucks.

I just looked at Butcher Packer, Walton's, and Syracuse Casing. With shipping $50 is about the going rate. The Sausage Maker has them for $45 with free shipping. If you don't mind waiting 7-10 days

Last edited:
I've been getting mine at the sausage maker, and it's true the shipping is slow, but the quality is good.

Al

I just got a new hank of sheep. I just used the first of them and was surprized by two things. This hank is more "tender" than the last few I have bought, (Butchers & Packers). They are also slightly larger more on the lines of frankfurters than breakfast sausages. I was thinking about it the other day, how tender and large and the light came on above my head.

I had rinsed and then left them in H20 in the reefer for almost a week. Seriously I think they were softened to the max. Go a head and laugh, BUT I had 2 whole trays of veal sausages I made,they fell and hit the floor.

That is all that was left. They blew up, the casings were just too soft. My fault totally, they set and softened too long. I had sausage mush all over the place. It caused me to loose my temper and say bad words too! LOL

Lesson learned.

Other than my own stupidity I have not had a problem with B&P. Although I think of the pre-loaded from Sausage Maker everytime I start trying to start the sheep casing on the stuffing tube. LOL

Remember you usually get what you pay for in life. 

Last edited:
I just bought some from      Overseas Casing Co. they are in Seattle.

I bought them on Amazon although the Co. does have a web site that you can order from. Just got them today so it's gonna be a while before I can try them.

Update. Don't waste your money on these casings. They were full of hole and tears, I ended  up throwing away most all of the entire hank.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky