Deleted

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Part Quatre  of sfprankster's (mis)adventure Making Smoked Chicken Enchiladas...

Final smoke of my chicken enchiladas

After another 45 minutes in my WSM, the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted... 
drool.gif

...all ready to serve and eat... 
yahoo.gif

...take your time getting the first one out...

...a little dab of sour cream and chopped green onions...

There you have it...

...sfprankster's (mis)adventures making Smoked Chicken Enchiladas...

...Santa Cruz mountains style... 
xrocker.gif

Thanx!!

I was trying not to heat up the house and cook everything outside.

Almost succeeded. All but the enchilada sauce was made on my WSM.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldschoolbbq
Sfprankster ,that was a fantastic looking , and worthy of the points I send you .

I also enjoy Enchiladas but I don't roll them. I layer them as you'd do a Lazagna , works great. .

As always . . .

Thanx!!!

Making them lasagna style would definitely be less of a mess. Rolling them, I end up wrist deep in sauce. Utensils, cutting board and counter all covered. Makes quite the mess. 
rolleyes.gif

In the end, well worth the effort!!

Looks great, love the idea of returning the filled .pan to the smoke. I've done them with smoked hatchs', but then just toss them together and bake. Pro-Tip!

Was waiting for the (Mis) part, all looks pretty solid to me!

FWIW, my current fave is smoking the double'd grinded beef for my chili. Adds a WHOLE new flavor layer.

These look great and as luck would have it I'm sitting on two packs of thighs I hadn't made plans for yet. As soon as the thunderstorms around here let up it's gonna be enchilada city!

Thanx!!

It's usually not hot here, only a few days a year does it get warm enough to need AC. We live on the west facing slopes in the Santa Cruz mountains, about 1280' elevation. Close enough to the ocean to receive the cooling breeze off the fog everyday. 

I live off the grid, out in what is considered the boonies in CA, on 10 acres of redwoods, oaks and madrones. We make our own electricity(solar, generator, batteries, inverter system) and an AC unit uses more than we can produce. Not even the mailman ventures out this far. 
icon_eek.gif
  My neighbors consist of the wild variety, mountain lions, bobcats, foxes, deer, 100's of bats and frogs. Along with the usual skunks, raccoons, squirrels and other denizens. When I complain of traffic, it's seeing 3-4 vehicles over 15+ miles of driving. 
241.png

That's amazing. The freaking CHICKEN was the exotic animal!
icon_eek.gif

Again, looks great and glad I revisited this thread. Thighs and drums just went on sale and I was trying  to think of something to do with them other than the same ole same ole.

Chicken Ench's it is!

Points!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky