Setting up my Traeger Texas Grill with the Cold Smoker Accessory

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

captain bandana

Original poster
Hello from sunny Washington State.

I have just bought a used Traeger Texas Grill and have added the cold smoker accessory. The whole thing went together pretty easily but I worry a little about the accuracy of the analog thermometer.

I know there is a whole list of digital ones that can be purchased. Which ones are best? Do they replace the analog one or do you drill a new hole in the griller to feed the probe through?

Looking forward to getting started with this whole smoking thing. My outdoor kitchen already includes a Blue Ember electronic BBQ, a six-burner Viking cooktop converted to propane and a charcoal rotisserie that can handle over 100 lbs. Thx.

Bruce

I have two Maverick ET-732 wireless setups with dual probes.   Totally awesome devices.

Captain,

I rely on a maverick et732 to monitor my traeger temp AND meat temp. The sensor clips at the grate where the meat is so you have a better idea of true cooking temp.  The analog lid gauge is off on most of them and doesn't give an accurate grate temp anyway due to the location.  That maverick will come in as a real handy cooking tool.  Al the best to you.

Whoops......I see the Old Goat beat me to the same info by 10 seconds.  Anyway, theres 2 votes for the maverick.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky